Bonair Trailers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics

2 posters

Go down

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics Empty New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics

Post by mrjones2004x Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 am

Hi there just picked up a Bonair BA 1050 made in 1982 from a friend who had no use for it. Needs a little bit of tidying up as im sure you can guess with it being 30 years old. Its got a broken cable on one side which i'll look into next week and also the door plastic has broken!

Is there anywhere in the uk/england where i may be able to source any parts or retro fit bits from another type of TT?

Only had it open about 3/4 of the way at the minute as will be shown how to fully erect it next sunday.

Will add pics once ive opened her up fully. Oh and we paid £100! Very Happy

Last edited by mrjones2004x on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

mrjones2004x

Back to top Go down

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics Empty Re: New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics

Post by RickyBoy Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Welcome to the Bonair Family. Not sure on parts accross the pond but the internet is a wonderful place to find what you need. If you can, you might want to look in to purchassing or scavanging another Bonair, stipping it and keeping the parts.

Can't wait to see the pictures !!

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics Empty Re: New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics

Post by mrjones2004x Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Here's some pics.
Need to repair door and make some pins for side supports.
Ours winds up but has no ratchet mechanism and one cable is busted. Not hard to get up tho. The last owner drilled holes in the supports to lock it up which works well except he used 4" screws in the holes

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics 581ee979

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics 46e1a2f8

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics B8a57eba
New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics Ee6af49e

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics 434c1419

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics 450d5f62

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics Fac39569

mrjones2004x

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyBoy Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 am

Wow..a real beauty, in awesome shape considering her age !!!

If I can make a small suggestion, use a piece of clear plexiglass for the broken part of the door. It will make for a much more pleasant interior for when you have to spen more time indoors because of weather.

Congrats and please keep us all posted with any developpements and changes...

Thanks again for being here !!!

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by mrjones2004x Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Little update,
Week to go before we take it on its first trip.
Gave it a good scrub down and levelled it out so it erected better.
Sorted out the messy wiring and checked gas connections.

If its not raining tommorrow I'm gonna look at the broken cable. I use Clevis pins in the side supports to keep it up otherwise it would just collapse. How are they normally held up? Mine doesn't have a ratchet type mechanism?

What's good to repair a hole in the side? Tent repair kit? Piece of canvas and good glue?

Doing the door on Wednesday night at work and will do a clear Perspex as suggested.

mrjones2004x

Back to top Go down

Post by mrjones2004x Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Done the door.

New to Bonair saying HI. Updated with pics 7b60166c

Looks good.

Shame another cable snapped and one whole side collapsed and bent all the uprights! Grrrr.

mrjones2004x

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyBoy Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Wow...Door looks great !!! Canvas repair is all about what you want it to look like really. I used a peice of the underskirt we all fold under the matress or bed board. Marches perfectly...LOL !!! Some cavans glue and some stiching will do the trick !!

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down