Bonair Trailers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replacing a floor :(

2 posters

Go down

replacing a floor :( Empty replacing a floor :(

Post by dsmdriver Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:50 pm

hi there,
I have just purchased a 1999 bonair 1200 sl and need to replace the floor in it as it has sever water damage,
I know that the cabinets are screwed from underneath the tin cladding on the outside.
I have gone and bought the mastercraft multi crafter, which will enable me to cut the screws from the outside of the trailer to cabinets from in side of them.
Now my biggest question is what is the easiest way to put the new flooring in after the cabinets are out? AND are the walls only sitting on the floor? and if so what is the best (easiest) way to put the wood under them in a driveway?
I also would like any diagrams of the lifting system as i think that i is not set up right as the canvas is not tight, along with any other information that you feel that i should know.

thank you for your time in reading my ramblings.
and thank you to the group for the place to air my questions!!!
Best regards
Kevin Coleman
Nova Scotia.

dsmdriver

Back to top Go down

replacing a floor :( Empty Re: replacing a floor :(

Post by RickyBoy Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Nice project.

The wall are actually screwed in the side of either a 2x2 or a 2x3 at the base and the floor is laid over that same piece. You should be able to pull the floor from the base but I wouldn't bet on not breaking anything. You might have to tare is completely to the bare frame and start rebuilding from scratch. That's always the best way in my opinion, at least you know exactly what you got.

As for the cranking mechanism, I unfortunately don't have one.....Sorry

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down