Bonair Trailers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uneven lift

4 posters

Go down

Uneven lift Empty Uneven lift

Post by lowjane Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:50 pm

My tent trailer roof goes up and comes down however it appears to not be even on the drivers back side, I hesitate to take everything apart as it works fine but is out about 2 inches. I have no problem when it is extended just the last few inches when I close it. Has anyone tried to adjust one pulley with success or am I better to just put up with it and manually push it in place with all my might? I believe that the previous owner has replaced the guide wires

Thank you

lowjane

Back to top Go down

Uneven lift Empty Re: Uneven lift

Post by BP in CO Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I have the same problem with my BA700 except about 4" of sag. I use a 2x4 to hold that corner up so the roof is level. I haven't messed with the cable system.

BP in CO

Back to top Go down

Post by lowjane Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:00 pm

That is good info, I might need it for now my problem seems to be when the unit is retracted AND the top meets the trailer - it just doesn't want to sit tight. To not put any further stress on my unit or me I use a flat tape with a rachet that tightens- used for all sorts of trailer and boat coverings- so far so good. That is until I get ready to tackle the proper alignment

lowjane

Back to top Go down

Post by CS in NS Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:45 am

If you can get underneath your trailer when its lowered all the way you will probably see that one cable is more slack than the others. if the adjuster or turnbuckle is still workable you should be able to adjust it to be about the same.

CS in NS

Back to top Go down

Post by dsst10 Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:04 am

Hi
I found on my unit the lift posts were damaged (bent) I had to remove them one at a time and straighten them out .What it is, is the inside slide gets bent where the cable bolts on .

dsst10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down