Bonair Trailers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixing a repair in a Bonair Pop Up Roof

2 posters

Go down

Fixing a repair in a Bonair Pop Up Roof Empty Fixing a repair in a Bonair Pop Up Roof

Post by bschwartzman Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

During the storm a tree fell and a branch puntured a hole in the top of the camper. It appears to be foam with a hard finish. I am not sure what it is, so I dont knwo what I shoudl use to fill the hole and patch it?

bschwartzman

Back to top Go down

Fixing a repair in a Bonair Pop Up Roof Empty Re: Fixing a repair in a Bonair Pop Up Roof

Post by RickyBoy Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi there and welcome to the Bonair Camper forum.

I would go to my local Hardware store and purchase a can of spray foam insulation to fill in that whole.

T make sure you get the maximum best repair though I would advise that you cut out a square in the aluminum or fiberglass around the puncture so that you can replace that piece with a new one after you've filled the puncture.

Then to make sure you have no leaks, wash the surface of the new area with the new fiberglass or aluminum patch and it's surroundings so that it can all be covered with some liquid membrane. You can purchase this product at any local RV shop and ths price is about $40.00 a quart.

It should cost you no more that $60.00 to fix if we are talking about a simple puncture. If you have any pictures, please post them here so that I may better evaluate and advise. Same for before and after pictures, they are always nice to see.

Thank you and I hope that I have been of service !
Rick !

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down