Bonair Trailers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought a Bonair BA1050

3 posters

Go down

Bought a Bonair BA1050 Empty Bought a Bonair BA1050

Post by CanyonAB Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Hello all...I'll introduce myself. I'm Branden, and I just bought a 1989 Bonair BA1050. I purchased it for $1200 which fits my student budget (I'm a Geology student at the university of Calgary). It is in fairly good condition overall I'd say for something that's almost as old as I am. One of the vent zippers on the inside doesn't work, and one of the plastic windows has some cracks in it. It doesn't leak though and all the canvas itself is in very good shape. I already have plans to replace the god-awful pink curtains, and to recover all the foam. It'll all be done custom...nothing store bought for that. One other issue I have is that I don't have a key for the door lock (not that it really matters...if someone wants in I'm sure they'll get in).

I'll be towing it with my DD, which is a 2005 GMC Canyon crew cab with the off road package. I've lifted it 2.5", so I'll probably need a 2" drop ball, or to flip the axle on the trailer. Has anyone on here ever flipped the axle on their trailer? It doesn't look all that hard to do unless the bolts are all rusted up, which I could see as being a problem so I may just go with a 2" drop ball. Anyways...as soon as I can get any pictures uploaded I'll post them up...thanks for reading, and if anyone has any questions I can answer feel free to ask. The guy I bought it from has never used the furnace before, so if anyone can give me instructions on how that works I'd appreciate it. I already know how to light the fridge, and the stove. Thanks for reading and cheers! Very Happy

CanyonAB

Back to top Go down

Bought a Bonair BA1050 Empty Re: Bought a Bonair BA1050

Post by CanyonAB Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01864
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01865
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01866
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01867
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01868
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01869
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01870
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01871
Bought a Bonair BA1050 DSC01872

Here's some pictures. I thought of one more question...I've noticed that my tail lights don't match. I haven't pulled them apart to look, but are there any LED tail lights that fit into the stock location? Or at least a type of light that I can buy in a pair to make them match?

CanyonAB

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyBoy Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Hey Branden, welcome to the forum. That's a nice Bony you got yourself.

As for the flipped axle, I've seen it done and it doesn't look all that bad but it will stiffen up your trailer something awful. A guy I know done it on his trailer cause he uses it for when he is hunting. He added some side skirts to the fender flairs and it makes for a pretty sweet looking Bony.

You tail lights are definitely after market, I suggest that you take one of the bulbs out, can't remember what they are, either a -50 or a -55 but anyhoo...you can get some LED matches on eBay for real dirt cheap.

Keep taking pictures and have fun with your Bony !

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanyonAB Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:41 am

I'm more interested in new exterior housings as well as the bulbs for my tails.

Guess I'll just have to pull one off and see what kind of hole it leaves, then find something that fits. I'm going to hold off on the axle flip until I try it out how it is now first. So far all I'm doing is recovering all the foam, and getting new curtains custom made (I know people who can do this for me for free), and I plan on replacing the laminate flooring with something newer. Should really make it look a lot more modern inside, and I imagine should increase it's value in relation to similar trailers of the same age. Should be a win-win, as I'll probably upgrade to a newer trailer when I graduate university.

Edit: And I found with a truck of approximately this height, a 5 3/4" drop receiver has the trailer sitting level. More than I was expecting.

CanyonAB

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyBoy Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi again. The holes left when removing the lights are simply screw holes and with the newer LED lights from Canadian Tire (Cheaper than RV store ) you will be able to cover the original holes. Make sure that you cover the holes with either a silicone caulking or some plumber s putty before you install the new lights.

RickyBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanyonAB Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Oh definitely...I have not shortage of access to weatherproofing materials.

CanyonAB

Back to top Go down

Bought a Bonair BA1050 Empty Furnace Problems

Post by Vant55 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi I was going through your pics and noticed that you may have the same furnace in your Bonny as I do (Bonair - 600 1998).
My question is: will your furnace start by using a 12v Battery or only by plugging into an ac outlet & or generator?

Vant55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down